This contest is sponsored by the Fair Trade Resource Network and is for the 2013 Fair Trade calendar, which according to FTRN, is the only Fair Trade calendar in N. America. There are 85 photo entries for this years contest and they are all beautiful. You can visit the FTRN site to see all the entries, their credits, descriptions and full size versions. Continue reading
Fair Trade Resource Network has launched “Best in Fair Trade” Awards for N. America nonprofits & businesses. The public can nominate (by March 31), and vote, for U.S. & Canada organizations doing exemplary work in Fair Trade in 5 categories:
- Most positive change in a producer community;
- Outstanding long-term commitment to producers;
- Best support of the Fair Trade movement;
- Most effective public education program;
- Most effective advocacy for trade policy reform.
FTRN created the contest since no awards existed to honor organizations across all major Fair Trade recognitions. Winners will be celebrated during World Fair Trade Day in May!